8.21.2010

Weekend Welcomes 3rd Edition and This Week's Questions Answered.

Time again to greet my new stalkers! Welcome to cottage instincts......


Don't they look like a fun bunch over there?  Yes.  They are fun.  Their blogs are fun.  Their comments are fun.  There's just a lot of fun-ness going on here. If you have a blog that I missed, just email me by clicking on the crazy lady in the bird cage over yonder.  I'll get you set up asap.  Thank you as well to my new anonymous followers and subscribers who I'm sure are very fun people too....why else would they read my weirdness?  Of course they're fun.

So come on in everyone!  Just step over the mess...



  Feel free to ignore the goofy relatives....


Pull up a comfy seat...


Grab a cuppa, a snuggie, and one of my decorating books....


...and make yourself at home.  You're in good company, and I'm glad to have you join us!
May the force be with you circle be unbroken, by and by.

Please pop over and welcome these nifty folks:
Abigail at Raising Camelot
sunnyvillecottage
Mandy at Diaries of a craftaholic & demented housewife
Dolly at From My Cherry Heart
Sara at The Sherlock's Home
Elo Silveira
Patty at sewingseeds4U
Sheryl at ain't for city gals
Janice at Candy Coated Dame
callie at Chickens on the Porch
Hannah eden
Debbi Thinks Deep
Tiggeriffic at Birds and Nature
Glenda at Junkin in My Pink Cadilac
Helen at House and Garden
The Old Weeping Cedar 
Erika at Thrifty and Fabuless
Simply Bungalow
Lisa Snyder
Robin at Robin's Nesting Place
Mandy at The Little Things In Our Life
Peggy Williams
The Frat Pack + Me
Renee
Sandy at Spring Lake Farm
Debbie
KentuckyFarmGirl at My Country Blog of This and That
Rose
The Brick House at Porch Sitting Time
moosecraft
Marilyn at marilynart
Kristin at Bringing Pretty Back
Ok, now on to your very important questions this week.


Many were in regards to the Coop Keeper posts:
Jayme (The Coop Keeper herself):
"I wanted to add that I carried four eggs up in me bra today."
Me: You're a regular egg carton, you are. I'm sufficiently impressed.  Everyone, tell Jayme you're impressed.

She also asked:
"Exactly how old DO I look in that picture?"
Me:  You don't really want me to answer that, right?  Of course you look about, oh I'd say, 22.  Yeah, not a day over 22.  Ok, maybe not a week over 22.  But thereabouts.

Flower Patch Farmgirl asked:
"Why did I get stuck with all the cowlicks whilst the hens are Homecoming Queening it up?"
 Me: I assume for the same reason I got stuck with large-ish legs whilst them hens got sticks. Just ain't no fair....And they're breasts are sheer muscle!  Just sayin'.

Brenda asked:
"You sure aliens didn't drop them there for some unforeseen reason?" (regarding the shoes)
 Me: I'm fairly certain aliens did indeed leave them there.  I await their arrival to whisk me up to their mother ship.  They want me to help them slipcover a couch in the captain's quarters.  Something a bit shabby chic with a retro metallic polyester stretch fabric.  Pictures and tutorial forthcoming....

Conny asked:
"How was THAT wine from the green bottle - any good?"
Me:  Boy howdy, it was a wine cooler all dressed up for the prom.  Fizzy and sweet....*smacks lips at the memory*  Especially yummers spiking my sweet tea.  Should I be confessing this in public?

Jayhawk Fan wanted me to:
"Please share your recipe for sweet tomato spread."
Me:  Just tomato paste mixed with some I-talian seasoning and sugar.  I add it to taste. You can use tomato sauce too, and use it on salad.  It's not so great on bacon.


Mandy asked about my couch:
"Please tell me where and when you got it??!! And then tell me it cost like, oh $100.00 would be good;) Or better yet can you just come to Oregon and help me with my house??? I'll make you bacon" 
Me: Start sizzlin', I'm on the next flight outta here.  Wait, I'm terrified of flying.  K, the couch is going on 2 years old, and it's a Broyhill.  We picked out the fabric at the furniture store where we bought it.  It's a brushed aqua cotton twill.  I think we paid less than $800, and the only reason we spent that much is 'cause my folks had pity on us and our old sofa....they paid for most of it or we'd still be pilfering craigslist.  Bogart the big black dog is convinced we got it for him alone.  Did ya know black fur looks fab clinging to aqua?



Well, I guess that's a wrap for this week.  Thanks ever-so-much for reading and commenting.   I hope to reward your good behavior by showing you some items I've painted recently along with lessons I've learned about products and techniques.  This is a decorating blog, right?

Oh yeah, Make it 4 Monday will be up and running tomorrow at 6pm EST.  'Cause I live in EST.  When I'm not aboard alien ships.



 

12 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I think you brought back more than photos when you went to Jaymes. I'm wondering if aliens came down and took you and Jayme (along with the shoes they were taunting you with) and did something rather unique to your brains? They sizzle like bacon now with all sorts of weird ideas!
Brenda

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Cindy,
You are too funny. I love the chicken with the head!
Loved reading your post today, you made me laugh.

hugs
sissie

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Ok, I'm so stealing this idea, cause it's great, and I have no original ideas. I would have no idea how to know who was a new follower. See - I'm not smart like that. But you are oh blogging Queen, you are.

Mandy said...

I LOVE your snuggie! I feel a "I need one of those" coming on! great post, hugs mandyxx

Kentucky Farm Girl said...

Thank you so much for the welcome!! I'm loving it here and I'm going to check out a few of these other awesome sounding blogs.

SZM said...

Awww, thanks for listing my little 'ol blog. And I think you look as pretty as a peach in that pink snuggie. Hope you have a great weekend~
Suzette

Ellen said...

Just discovered your blog and am loving it... "you's" funny girl ;) I like how you keep it real, can't wait to read more.

xoxox,
Ellen

Sara S. said...

Thanks for the shout out!

Heather Lee said...

Thanks for all the laughs this morning! "Cowlicks"..."Aliens"..."Sweet Tomato Spread"~ goes perfect with morning coffee.

Donna said...

I love that you have fun on your blog. Some of the blogs I've been reading are getting so stuffy! Really, how many times can we blog about white? It shows you have great imagination!

Jen Kershner said...

Oh my! You always leave me in stitches. And that Bogart? I'd take him in a minute!

Maddie said...

Ya sure are postin' often these days mama! I love it. It adds a little humor and spunk to my day, with a healthy wonderful dose of mom thrown in! I'd miss you way too darn much if I didn't have the anecdotes online to keep me up to date.

"I'm lovin' it!"
-schmode

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails