10.16.2009

Traditions Celebrating Holidays Party



Marie over at Emma Calls Me Mama is hosting a fun little gathering where we link up a post with some of the traditions we carry on each year during the holidays.  I thought I'd dig back as far as my digital history allowed on my 'puter and pull up our yearly Christmas pictures.

Christmas 2000:  My youngest wasn't even born yet.

Christmas 2001...one of my all-time favorite pictures of my gang at gramma's house.

Christmas 2002....picking out a tree...a yearly tradition.


Christmas 2003.  This was our red year. (?)

Christmas 2004.  Our last family picture before our oldest got married.  Bittersweet.


Christmas 2005.  First time picking a tree without oldest brother.


Christmas 2006. We welcomed Bogart the big black dog to our family.


Christmas 2007.  Chanced to meet a family we knew while finding our tree, so they snapped a pic.

And last year's foray into the deep dark woods (local tree farm) without big brother OR big sister.

But here they are...with their beloveds at the extended family's Christmas get-together.




And my favorite pic from last year....my oldest plays guitar hero with my youngest.


Thanks for letting me share my family.  Don't forget to visit Marie's for links to other bloggers sharing their holiday traditions.

14 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Great photos, Cindy, you have a lovely family! So wonderful to have that special time of choosing a tree!
Debra

Marie said...

Hello Cindy - what a beautiful family you have! I loved looking at the progression through each year. How special to have these photos and a great tradition to pass on through the generations!

Thank you for joining me for the party!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Family is the best part of Christmas. You have a special family there. But you already know that. Thanks for sharing.

SkinnyMeg said...

You have a beautiful family!!

laterg8r said...

great post - you have a beautiful family :D

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

Hi Cindy, you have such great photos of your family. Love that you made sure to take a Christmas one each year. :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely family! Thank you for sharing your Christmas memories with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Tammy@InStitches said...

awwwe, what a beautiful family. Looks like some great Christmas memories !

Love the Decor! said...

Beautiful family!!
I love Christmas!!

Flat Creek Farm said...

What a beautiful family!! (I know you've heard this a lot, but it's TRUE!). Love the pictures. -Tammy

Anne Lorys said...

Those are great photos, what a good looking family!
Anne

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

What a wonderful collection of photos showing your children, each year as they get older at the Holidays! Enjoy this year!! Janell

Diann @ The Thrifty Grooe said...

i love seeing families that are obviosuly so happy! Thank you for sharing your family with us!!

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

I love your post, Christmas is all about family.
~Myrna Lee
http://daylily777-myenchantedhome.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails